Issues of Five Arches published in 2016.
Issue 86; Winter 2016. Available for £3.50
• News from the Museum
• Ade Macrow, Manse memories
• The 28th annual miner’s reunion
• Barry W. Maule, A mining heritage: James and Annie Carter
• Dennis Chedgy & Julie Dexter, Rambling to Holcombe via Edford Green
• Julie Dexter, Revisiting the batches: the legacy of Aberfan
• Tom Randall, From the Museum Society collection: the Brunel connection with Chilcompton
• Isobel Cheetham, Who remembers Jiggles Orchard?
• W. Peacock, A history of the Great War: Pt 7, counting the cost – autumn 1916
• Keith Trivett, Letters home, postcards from World War One
Issue 85; Summer 2016. Available for £3.50
• Celebrating 30 years of Five Arches
• William Peacock on the Somme
• A ramble to 1916, in Mells (exploring the village connections with the Somme battlefields)
• The story of Thomas and John Poynting
• Remembering the S&D
• And investigating the mystery of a first aid box.
Issue 84; Spring 2016. Available for £3.50.
• W.G. Parsons & Sons: building contractors, a family firm – Bob and Jeff Parsons
• Ramble to Pensford Church – Julie Dexter
• Edward VIII & the Somerset Coalfield – from the Museum Society collection
•The Changing Landscape, Pt2 – Robin Athill
•Memories of Tom Martin, surveyor of the Market Hall, from his relative Alex Hann – with Dave Cocks
•Life on the Home Front: Women at home and work during the Great War – Keith Trivett.
•Flashback: cinema remembered – Terry Lovell
•Church Cottage, Timsbury – Sue Langdon
Issues of Five Arches published in 2015.
Issue 83; Winter 2015. Available for £3.50.
●Racing greyhounds from Clandown – Tom Randall with Charlie Blanning
●In the beginning… marking the contribution of a special lady – Julie Dexter
●The Midsomer Norton Piano Accordion Band, Pt.5: swan song – Peter Barter and Clifford Green
●A Somerset family in Australia: the story of Jesse and Isabella Humphrys – Brian Dyer
●Rambles to St Mary’s Church, Hardington – Julie Dexter
●The changing landscape of Paulton, Pt.1 – Scott Hutchinson
●A history of the Great War, Pt.4: casualties of war – William Peacock
●A year at war: life on the Home Front in 1915 – Keith Trivett
●More ceramic mystery – Tom Randall
Issue 82; Spring 2015. Available for £3.50
•Radstock lives remembered – World War One: Hubert Thomas Hockey MC MM JP – Dr Tony Lawrence
•Remembering… – David Strawbridge & John Beauchamp
•News and events
•Surviving the sinking of the Lusitania: Press report
•A history of the Great War, Pt.3: A birthday present for the Kaiser – William Peacock
•The Midsomer Norton Piano Accordion Band, Pt.4: the ‘swinging sixties’ – Peter Barter and Clifford Green
•Rambles to a Somerset coal miner – Amicus Mirror
•A century of farming at White Ox Mead, Pt.3: ringing the changes – Geoffrey Pike
•A family perspective on the Somerset coalfield, Pt.7: recollections of the collieries – J.E. Smith
•Celebrating carnival, Pt.2: the West Country circuits – Tom Randall
Return to Five Arches Catalogue.