COMPETITION DETAILS: TERM and CONDITIONS
Artworks: you can photograph, draw, paint, make a collage or make a needlework image of the Five Arches. Please use any materials you wish but we will only be accepting entries which are approximately A4 in size.
Photographs can be emailed in large format to: Miranda Litchfield, Museum Development Coordinator: email@example.com or handed in or posted to the museum at the address below.
Artwork can either handed in at the museum’s front desk in person, or posted to: Miranda Litchfield, Radstock Museum, Waterloo Road, Radstock. BA3 3EP
• Closing date for entries: September 30th 2017
• Maximum entries per person: 2.
• Please include your Full Name, your Town or Village (there are no restrictions on who can apply) and your Age, all of which will be clearly printed on the postcard alongside your image. Radstock Museum will retain the right to print your images so please make sure you are aware of this before submitting your entries.
One of the competition judges will be Julie Dexter, editor of the Five Arches Magazine; the museum’s only official publication. Other judges will be announced nearer the time.
All hard copy entries can be collected from the Museum at the end of the exhibition (dates to be confirmed). Regrettably, due to the potential volume of entrants, we will be unable to post artworks back to their rightful owners. However, collection will be made possible when the exhibition has closed.
Ideas and inspiration:
• Distance – How far away can you see the Five Arches from different vantage points in the area?
• Time of day – How does the light change its appearance? Maybe a sunset? A sunrise? Watch the shadows.
• Nature – Can you capture any wildlife in your photograph/drawing?
• Angles and perspective – How big is the monument? How large can you make it look?
• Weather – Can you capture a nice photograph in the rain? Or only on a warm autumnal day?
• Time of year – What colours naturally fall around the bridge? And what colours appear in your photo/picture?