The Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society
The Museum Society, formed in 1985, is a registered charity run entirely by volunteers.
The Society’s collection first went on permanent display in 1989 at Barton Meade, Haydon. Ten years later, on the 10th July 1999, the new museum opened in the former Victorian Market Hall in the centre of Radstock. The Society’s collection of artefacts and specimens is now on show at Radstock Museum in a variety of imaginative displays.
Join the Museum Society today and preserve our past for the future.
By becoming a Member of The Society you will help us to preserve our past and ensure that the Museum will be able to thrive in the future.
Annual membership of the Museum Society entitles you to:
- Free entrance to Radstock Museum during normal opening hours
- 10% discount on all purchases from the Museum shop
- No charge for access, by appointment, to the Museum Archive. Go to the Research page for more information.
- A regular emailed Newsletter from the Museum Company (your email address will not be passed to 3rd parties).
To become a Member of the Society you have the following choices:
1. Cash – make your payment at the Museum during normal opening times
2. Cheque – Please make your cheque payable to Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society and hand it in at the Museum or send it to:
The Membership Secretary
Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society
c/o Radstock Museum
3. By Standing order – Download, print out (flip on short side) and complete the form linked below, or collect one from the Museum; and send it to the Membership Secretary at the address above. This will ensure your membership is automatically renewed each year.
A Gift Aid Declaration increases the value of your subscription at no cost to yourself – please sign the declaration on the form.
Click on the link to access and print (flip on short side) the membership form which opens in a separate window. April 2017 Society Membership Form
If you have general enquiries about the Museum Society you can email these to Stephenie Chorley at email@example.com
Also linked to this page are:
who support the Museum by organising fund-raising events and social occasions for the volunteers to enjoy.
which is the History Journal of The Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society. The first edition appeared in 1986 and it continues to be published three times a year.