The Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society
is a separate Registered Charity. It was founded in 1985 to preserve The Social and Industrial Heritage of the Communities of the whole of the former Somerset Coalfield.
Also linked to this page are:
who support the Museum by organising fund-raising events and social occasions for the volunteers to enjoy.
which is the History Journal of The Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society. The first edition appeared in 1986 and it continues to be published three times a year.
JOINING THE MUSEUM SOCIETY
The Museum Society’s Collection was first put on permanent display at Barton Meade, Haydon, in 1989. In 1996 the Old Radstock Market Hall was acquired and three years later, on 10th July 1999, Radstock Museum opened its doors and became the new home of the Society’s Collection.
Join the Museum Society today and preserve our past for the future.
As a Registered Charity we get little funding to preserve our heritage; becoming a member of The Society will help us to preserve our past for the future.
Annual membership includes:
- Free entrance to Radstock Museum during normal opening hours
- 10% discount on all purchases from the Museum shop
- No charge for access, by appointment, to the Museum Archive. Go to the Research page for more information.
- A regular Society newsletter
There are several ways to become a Member:
- Cash – make your payment at the Museum during normal opening times
- Cheque – Please make your cheque payable to Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society and send it to:
The Membership Secretary
Radstock, Midsomer Norton and District Museum Society
c/o Radstock Museum
- By Standing order – Download and complete the form linked below (or collect one from the Museum) and send it to the Membership Secretary at the address above. This will ensure your membership is automatically renewed each year.
A Gift Aid Declaration increases the value of your subscription, please ensure you select the gift aid check box on the form.
Click on the link to access and print the membership form (which opens in a separate window). Society Membership Form
If you have general enquiries about the Museum Society you can email these to Stephenie Chorley at email@example.com